Please consider making a gift to our Annual Fund, monies that are critical to sustain our operations and help us continue on our quest for excellence. The need is great and your support matters more than ever.
Our partner Foundation from California will match every contribution you make, regardless of the amount.
A huge thank you to everyone who has supported El Rancho de las Golondrinas, New Mexico’s renowned Living History Museum! It has been a year of milestones and exciting plans for the future.
For nearly half a century, the staff and volunteers at Golondrinas have preserved and interpreted New Mexico’s unique heritage, allowing guests young and old to get hands-on with history. Our Facilities Master Plan is underway and will provide improvements to our historic buildings and grounds: better signage and wayfinding, more ADA accessibility, and a greener, more environmentally conscious campus. Your donation to our Annual Fund turns these plans into reality.
Some highlights from 2019:
- New programming and record-breaking crowds at Harvest, Spring and Fiber, Herb and Lavender, New Mexico Beer and Food Festival, the Renaissance Fair and Fiesta de los Niños. Total attendance for festival weekends was over 25,000.
- Two awards in the Santa Fe Reporter’s Best Of Santa Fe 2019 competition — second place for Best Museum and third place for Best Nonprofit.
- The Historic Santa Fe Foundation added our Pino House to their Register of “Properties Worthy of Preservation.” The house has been re-roofed and restored to its original mud-plastered exterior, and renovation of windows and interiors awaits your donations.
- Membership fees support our daily operations; annual membership is now at a record-high of over 600. Members can come to the museum any day that we are open and attend all nine festival weekends for free.
- Through our spring and fall Spanish Colonial Days, class trips, daily admission and festival weekends, we have hosted over 20,000 school children from the local community and around the state. We are the largest arts education provider for children in Santa Fe County, an honor we hope to build on in the future.
We could not do all of this important and life-enriching work without you. Your support is essential for us to continue to bring history to life and give guests an experience unlike any other. Please help us fulfill our mission and continue our founders’ vision: “to restore the past, to enrich the present, and to endow the future.”
Las Golondrinas is a family, and we are grateful that you are a part of it. Thank you for supporting this special place and the work of our staff and volunteers. ¡Un millón de gracias!
El Rancho de las Golondrinas is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a member of the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM), allowing Las Golondrinas members at the Supporting level and above to visit any one of the 945 partner institutions across the country at no cost: narmassociation.org
Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS. EIN 20-3845643
Annual Fund Donation
Support the Museum’s mission with a tax-deductible donation—that our partner fund will match!