Please consider making a gift to our Annual Fund, monies that are critical to sustain our operations and help us continue on our quest for excellence. The need is great and your support matters more than ever.
Our partner Foundation from California will match every contribution you make, regardless of the amount.
For 45 years, El Rancho de las Golondrinas has preserved and shared the rich traditions of New Mexico. We hold close to the old ways and customs so that our visitors can have authentic experiences from the past and explore this historic 200-acre ranch with its 34 historic buildings. We continually seek to engage visitors with our shared history by taking it out of locked exhibit hall cases and bringing it to life.
We reach a diverse audience of children and adults through our innovative educational programming, deepening understanding of our cultural heritage and history. Our guides highlight both contrasts and continuities with the past and the richness of New Mexico’s history.
Some highlights from 2017:
- We collaborated with local, state, and national organizations to strengthen our education outreach and promote our cultural mission, including the New Mexico Museum of Art, National Hispanic Cultural Center, National Park Service, Museum of Spanish Colonial Art, Fort Union National Monument, Philmont Scout Ranch, New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs, New Mexico Humanities Council and The Fiske Center for Archaeological Research to name a few.
- We accomplished a number of objectives set out in our strategic plan, including: standards-based curriculum for student programming; historic agricultural focused festivals; and a long-range facilities plan
- We have undertaken the restoration of an original ranch house here on our property for the educational benefit of our guests.
- We are well along in crafting a Cultural Landscape Report that will unlock new historical and archaeological discoveries about the land, its inhabitants and history.
- And we’ve produced 10 educational festivals with over 24,000 guests plus many more on tours, and hosted over 20,000 school children from the local community and around the state.
Creating the magic that is Las Golondrinas is hard work. It takes all of us, but most importantly it takes you. Simply put, your donation makes Las Golondrinas possible and brings the museum to life. Plus, your support will help us accomplish other goals in our strategic plan making Las Golondrinas even better. Please help El Rancho de las Golondrinas fulfill our mission, honor our legacy, and continue our founders’ intent: “to restore the past, to enrich the present, and to endow the future.” This museum depends on the support of donors and members like you. The Paloheimo Foundation will match every gift, regardless of the amount, doubling your donation.
Please donate to our annual fund, which is critical to our operations and educational programming. Please also consider us in your estate planning.
This museum is a family, and we are very happy that you are a part of it. We know that you care about Las Golondrinas and the work that our staff and volunteers do for our guests. Thank you for your past and current support. We appreciate your generosity and belief in creating and sharing the magic of Las Golondrinas. ¡Un millón de gracias!
El Rancho de las Golondrinas is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a member of the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM), allowing Las Golondrinas members at the Supporting level and above to visit any one of the 945 partner institutions across the country at no cost: narmassociation.org. Check our website golondrinas.org for membership details.
All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS. EIN 20-3845643
Annual Fund Donation
Support the Museum’s mission with a tax-deductible donation—that our partner fund will match!